Thursday, November 10, 2011

Horsey, Piggy & Rocky

Last weekend Mommy giving Nathan a Horsey ride! He loves it.
Photobucket

Even when he falls off :)
Photobucket

Nathan climbed up onto the dishwasher today. Jen asked me months ago if Nathan does this because I guess Jamin does too. And Matt has claimed in the past Nathan has, but never in front of his mommy...until today!
Photobucket

The kid loves all kitchen utensils, bowls, cups etc. He saw something he wanted and went for it. I wonder what the weight limit for the door is?
Photobucket

We went to Children's Place tonight to buy Nathan a few things. There were sales and coupons on top of that! We got a stuffed animal for our purchase. Nathan was thrilled. And of course, it was a monkey! We are calling him "Rocky" because he has so many monkey stuffed animals right now. And why Rocky? No great reason except Matt didn't like my idea of calling him "Scarfy" since he was wearing a scarf. So I came up with Rocky and asked Matt if that was manly enough . He thought it was :)
Photobucket

Nathan just loves putting coins in his piggy bank from his Pappy & Grandma. He got it shortly after he was born last year. Mom searched for it because they got Colin the same one when he was two and he loved it! And well, I loved it. And I wanted one for Nathan :)

Nicole, guess where we found it? None other than Little Richard's Toystore in downtown Colorado Springs! I can still remember Colin saying "My piggy, my piggy bank!" when he unwrapped it at Christmas! :) It was SO adorable. Look, Matt found the video clip!

It's so nice because it isn't breakable, it's kind of a rubbery material. So a child can play with it and learn the valuable life skill of saving!

So the other night, Nathan decided to pull the piggy bank off of the shelf himself. This is no easy feat as it is quite heavy. And despite it's weight, he insists of trying to pick it up and carry it around. Here's a video clip of him getting it down the other night before bed. He was very tired as you will see in the end of the clip. You will get to hear his pathetic little, "Uh-uh, Uh-uh" cry" :) And by the way, it looks like I knocked the bank down off the shelf at the end of the video, but I didn't, that was him. I was just pulling the curtain back.

So, now he seems to think this is part of his bedtime routine. He pulls the bank off of the shelf and insists we pull money out of it from the bottom so he can put it in the slot! This is from tonight.
Photobucket
His face is red because he is struggling with the weight of it.

Photobucket

It's so funny how he purses his lips when he is concentrating.
Photobucket
Watch out, Papa & Nana, he may empty you of your pocket change when you are out here for Thanksgiving! He's hard to say no to :)

Matt made him a cape with another pair of PJ's. Jessie got these for him in 24 months a year ago! I can't believe he is almost in them!
Photobucket

4 comments:

mmncgrand said...

I was delighted to have some pictures this morning. A little elf is busy putting pictures up for us while we sleep. What a wonderful way to wake up. I never cease to smile and laugh when I see this guy and his antics. Thanks again. Love you all. G.J.

mmncgrand said...

I forgot to tell you I like your new picture of your blog. Wish I could see yours and Matt's face tho. Also the expression on Nathan where he is sitting on the door of the dish washer is so cute.

Nicole said...

Nice cape there, Matthew! And Sonya, I am not surprised that you were able to find the fulfillment of your dreams at Little Richard's, it is a magical place!

Deb said...

LOVE this video!! I have watched it several times and just laugh. Tell Nathan Nana and Papa will bring lots of change along for his piggy bank.