Saturday, March 14, 2009

Office/Guest Bedroom

You may remember me posting these pictures of
our office several months ago...

(You can see more on this post.)


Well, this room has been bothering me for some time. It just wasn't warm and soothing enough and I didn't feel like it had a very welcoming feel for guests who come to visit. So Matt and I made some improvements...
Doesn't this look more inviting? This might look like a real bed but it is actually our futon mattress with an air mattress underneath. We think it is quite comfortable!

Below is a pic of the room back to its office state. This is how Matt and I usually use it. It is so nice to be able to have the futon to read or work on the computer but still have an option for guests to sleep when it is pulled out! You have to be creative when you have limited space! Here are some more pics of the room. Courtney and Mom were our first guests with it set up this way. We even made sure they had a nightstand with an alarm clock. And of course, basket full of pamper products for their bathroom. Not quite a motel...but a valiant effort!I also took a curtain we had from our other apartment and hung it over the bookshelf. Much more soothing, don't you think? I know this is more about me than anyone else! That probably wouldn't bother most people! Ha ha.Matt spotted these great canvases at Wal-Mart. It was just what we were looking for...the right colors and very affordable!And of course, since I took all of my family pictures off of the wall, I had to put some in these coasters that Matt's mom got for me a few years ago. I can't wait until you all come to visit us! Do you see yourself in these pics...Colin? And by the way, what's the deal with you getting so excited about your Uncle Matt? What about Aunt Sonya? Ha ha. Love you kiddo.
A few more pics with the room in its office state.




And our ottoman to prop our feet up on. I love that thing! Another Wal-Mart special. I am really promoting Wal-mart here aren't I? Maybe they should pay me for advertising!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look!!! Our bedroom is the same colors... I looooooove it!!!! :) What a great decorator, can you come assist me!?!?! :) LOVE YOU!

Nicole said...

The guest room looks great! I can't wait to stay at this luxurious place in not too long!

Anonymous said...

so lovely!

mmncgrand said...

Looks so very inviting Sonya. You two sure do know how to stretch your pennies. I am so proud of your. G

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks everyone! You are so kind.

Looking forward to you staying in the room too, Nicole!