Friday, August 8, 2014

Table & Family Bike Ride!

Ughh.  I ruined our table in July by letting Orange Glo sit on top of it. I hate ruining things. Tried mayo on it.   Looked into Ikea tables, finally settled on re-buying this one and selling ours.  New one came damaged.  They told us to keep it and I sold it.  Second one came yesterday (8/8).  It was damaged too and I didn't even accept it.  Today they told me they were just going to refund my money as they obviously have a packaging issue.  I'm thankful because it occurred to me I was being rash.  I have a 1 & 3 year old.  A new table would simply make me crazy.  Might as well keep this one until we're ready to buy a whole new table and chairs and the boys have beat up on this one for several more years!  I was reminded though how much I really do like this particular table as I was looking at other options.  And it's really nice to not spend the money on it!

Daddy put hair glue on Nathan's hair :)




And the boys got these awesome Ikea chairs that sit them right up to the table with out boosters!  Plus, they're so much easier for mommy to clean!


First real bike ride with Nathan riding his pedal bike!






Nathan likes to be in front.




We love that we can take a legit bike ride now!  And Josh loves riding in the trailer.  It's so fun.


Water break.










This is by Cottonwood Creak by the way.




Here we are on the other side of Cottonwood Creek, by our old apartment, Epernay!


This is also where our bike ride went downhill.  The path is gravel by Epernay and Nathan took a spill.




Daddy patched him up and we went back to the other side of the paved creek but Nathan was so tired and we were going uphill.  But we had to get back, so he had a few meltdowns but we made it.


Encouraging him that he could do it!

We have a plan for next time so our car will be at the bottom of the hill and he doesn't have to go back up.  It's quite a trek for a 3 year old.

Dinner later.







I can't remember what I was doing, but they like to what mama is doing!  I was probably looking up how to salvage my table :)

No comments: