Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Witt Christmas Continued

Saturday morning, the girls headed to Agia Sophia's. One of Nicole's favorite places on earth. it is a cute little coffee shop in Old Colorado City.
Photobucket

Then we all headed to Castle Rock Outlets for an afternoon of shopping!! I came home from Castle Rock with the best Christmas present ever from my 'n laws...sugar and flour containers! Doesn't sound exciting to you? You have no idea. I have been wanting these containers ever since we were married so I didn't have to keep all of these items in bags in my messy cupboard. My mom always has the nice tupperware containers that kept the baking cupboard tidy-looking. I was fiercely jealous of these. :)

Here is a before picture of my baking cupboard.
Photobucket

And the finished product!
Photobucket
It brings a smile to my face every time I open the cupboard doors. There are actually four containers in there. But you can only see two of them because the others are behind the front ones.

It was also quite a memory we created in purchasing these. Courtney and I each had a card that gives the customer 20% off of one purchase. So me, mom, Nicole & Matt all checked out with a different container...passing the card between us. It was hilarious because Matt said that the lady at the checkout commented to the other cashier..."boy, these are popular!" Two of us went to one cashier and two to the other. I think the one totally knew what we were doing, but evidently the other was oblivious!

This was also the night of the Wii canoeing competition. For more on this check out my mother 'n law's blog here. She uses the word "dominated" about her performance. Well, I am here to show you a video of her dominance and her defeat. Or at least our celebration of her defeat! Ha ha. In all fairness, she was quite good. We had to gang up on her to take her down!


Mom and Dad Witt got Matt and I Wii Sports Resort and two motion controllers for Christmas. Wii Canoeing was on this this game. It was a great gift! We love it. And as you can see...a lot of fun. It was a nice addition to Wii Super Mario that David & Age got us for Christmas!

Nicole brewing some coffee with Matt's new coffee deal from Courtney. Probably a nice gift for everyone as we don't have a coffee maker at all. We don't really have counter space for it and neither Matt or I usually drink coffee. However, Matt would probably drink it every once in a while if he could...thus, the need for the gift. I, on the other hand, never intend to get hooked, so probably will never drink it!
Photobucket

Courtney and I in our matchy-match sweaters from GAP outlet!
Photobucket

While playing some card games, Nicole thought she needed to bundle up in my new blanket.
Photobucket

Monday night after work, we all went out to eat at FatBurger. It was a very good burger joint we never tried before. And there $2 milkshakes were delicious! Lots of laughter and good times here. We will certainly be going back. It filled everyone's tummies for their long drive back to Indiana.
Photobucket

Thanks for coming Mom, Dad, Nicole & Courtney! We had a great time with you here. Love you!

3 comments:

mmncgrand said...

I am so jealous. It looks like you had a wonderful time together and got lots of nice gifts. AND made some good memories. Thank God for family.

Nicole said...

Way to go, Sonya! I have only read this post so far but I saw that you have several done! I enjoyed that canoeing video! What a splendid trip all around!

Matt and Sonya said...

It was a splendid trip! Don't be jealous, Grandma. Just come out and visit us also! :) And thanks, Nicole for making the celebration of defeat video possible!