Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekend in Denver

Can you believe I have no photos to show for this trip? Two weekends ago, Matt and I headed to Denver for a weekend of fun & relaxation. We used the last of our date money that a very special couple gave us when we moved from Indianapolis that we have set aside on a monthly basis. It was such perfect timing that as we use the last of their money...we can now set date money aside on our own for special times together that we don't feel like we have to justify!

We headed north on Saturday, hit a new outdoor mall that we have never gone to before, bought a dress for my grandparents 50th Anniversary, got some good deals at New York & Company and had dinner at a fun little Mexican restaurant. Oh yes, and before all of this hit a large electronic store for Matt to check out laptop computers (his reward for obtaining the goal of being debt free.) We settled in a nice Hampton Inn that night...we love hotels because cable TV and king size beds are a huge treat for us!

The following morning I had breakfast with my previous Administrator who now lives in Denver. She was a great boss and it was so good catching up with her while Matt lounged at the hotel pool! After we checked out of our hotel, we plugged "parks" into our GPS and stopped at the closest one. We started walking on a trail that eventually led to another amazing park and community pool with slides. We were scoping out the area to bring my brother, sister 'n law and nephew to when they are out for a visit this summer!

After the park we found a Plato's closet and purchased some awesome jeans and shorts for myself. That place is great. We headed back to the Springs early enough so that we could get unpacked and settled for the new week. It was such a gorgeous weekend and our hearts felt full and brimming over with joy! We feel blessed far beyond we deserve. Everyone needs these types of getaways every once and awhile. If you have the chance...go for it!

4 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Aren't you glad you are close to a fun city? Missed the pictures.

Nicole said...

So glad you guys had a rewarding getaway on your first debt-free weekend!

Matt and Sonya said...

Yes, Grandma we did need pics. Actually, Matt did take pics of a nice car while I was eating with my previous boss! But that was it. I think I am supposed to post them for dad, now that I think about it!

And it was a rewarding getaway...so fun!

Matt said...

These pictures Sonya speaks of are pretty exciting... maybe I can convince her to post them even still.