Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Photobucket
After Matt and I attended a wonderful Easter service Sunday morning,
we came home to prepare a non-traditional, taco, homemade salsa and chips lunch!
Photobucket
And can you believe...we had another snow! It was a very wet snow this time. Getting in and out of a VERY full church service was quite the adventure! But of course...it is a sunny Monday now...and it is pretty much all melted away. Because of being MOD (Manager on Duty) this weekend for work, I have the day off! I know nothing better than being off on a Monday :)
A couple of Easter shots on the porch with the snow covered trees in the background.
We went over to our friends house for an Easter celebration in the afternoon. Complete with a DELICIOUS Easter meal, Easter Egg Hunt, and a game similar to Charades & Catch Phrase. It was hilarious! I have never seen Matt do Charades-acting out without using words. He was so good! "Marley & Me" and "The itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini" made me laugh the most!
Photobucket
Oh...and I forgot to mention...the Easter Bunny!
Micah, searching for eggs!
Matthew John was the lucky finder of the egg with the golden ticket! What was his prize you ask?
Peeps, a chocolate cross and of course, a Hannah Montana Easter egg.
Matt and David with their loot.
The Easter bunny got to share in the fun too!
Denise was the lovely hostess of this event. Her hospitality is phenomenal.
Plus, look how cute her and the other girls have decorated this house!
It is at this holiday especially that we realized that the time spent with family and loved ones is what makes our holidays so special. Traditions without the family you began them can feel like a meaningless action. And actually, we realized that neither of our families had a lot of "traditions". But having the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones was meaningful enough! In the past several years we have actually spent Easter with Matt's family...so we did miss them this year. In the evening though, we were able to chat with his parents, sister and grandparents for quite awhile. It was a wonderful time to catch up with all of them. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us! We love you!

We are also anxious to see my family this summer when we go home for my grandparents 50th Anniversary.
The only thing that Colorado does not have to offer: Our family! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter
and were reminded again of the incredible hope we have in a RISEN SAVIOR!

7 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Thank you, Thank you Sonya!! The pictures were wonderful. I actually put the one of you and Matt on my background. I have had the one of all of us on the merry-go-round in the park at Thanksgiving and was in need of something new. Your snow is beautiful. I like it that you dressed alike for Easter. Thank you too for the reminders of this wonderful season of the year. Love you both so much.

mmncgrand said...

I just thought of something else. Weren't you the one that got the BIG prise when we had the Wittleder Egg Hunt?

mmncgrand said...

Something else - Matt you look skinny in the picture of you on the porch. You areen't trying to loose weight are you. Yes, you are so handsome. I need a hug from you.

Matt and Sonya said...

Grandma J! You make me smile. Thanks for the comments. They were just what I needed today. You are more than welcome for the pics of your handsome grandson. I am glad to take them! That dressing alike was a last minute thing...I just picked my outfit after I saw his :) ha ha.

And YES, I was the one to get the big money Easter egg thanks to grandpa who pointed it out to me. As I recall the others weren't too thrilled considering I was just a new girlfriend at the time! Good thing it worked out ;) Love you!

Matt said...

I am actually trying to gain weight (muscle), but I have been pretty inconsistent in working out recently. I guess I just got lucky to have one picture make me look skinny. You know I would love to give you a hug if I could Love you.

Deb said...

Love all the BIG pictures! What a great way to spend your Easter. Looks like a fun day for all of you. So glad you have those relationships there.

You can keep the snow though!

Nicole said...

Looks like a great Easter bash! I'm jealous that you got to have an egg hunt! Matt, I think you are getting whipped into shape because I am not the only one that has noticed now!