Sunday, May 4, 2014

Nathan's Big Boy Room

I realized I never posted after pics of Nathan's room!  You saw the painting progress in an earlier post.  And you probably saw glimpses of it along the way, but here it is picked up and with a bed that's made :)

This is mostly an IKEA room.  Along with Target...and the Big Joe Chair in the corner from Walmart. 



I was going to frame some prints from Etsy, but on account of cost, decided to just put some scrapbook paper I already head in these frames we already owned.  Maybe down the road I will display some of Nathan's artwork instead! 


The curtains are from IKEA and I "hemmed" them to the appropriate length.  I actually really like them high. 




I love this Expedit shelf unit from IKEA.  It's really functional and versatile for future use.  With the drawers it houses socks and underwear leaving no need for an actual dresser.  The bins go from dirty clothes to toys, stuffed animals and anything else Nathan decides to house there!  And the door on the right has his Bibles and small storage containers in it.


And there's the man of the room!


Ha ha. Oh my.  I think he's singing or dancing.  Maybe being "Sid the Science Kid" since that is a microphone in his hand? 


And Josh brushing his teeth :)


Still debating what to put above the Dr. Seuss books on the wall on the right (in those pouches).  A calendar of some sort most likely.  I've seen a dry erase board one at Sam's that might be fun.   We'll see!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

I like your room Nathan. I want to snuggle on your bed with you when we come to see you, ok?