Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dad & Mom Visit Colorado in June

My parents came out to Colorado over Dad and I's birthday on June 15th. As much as possible, we try to get together for this occasion! And it's always fun for them to getaway to Colorado and relax...Dad just picked up a book off of our bookshelf and finished it in a matter of a few days!
Photobucket

I was off of work on my birthday so the three of us went to Focus on the Family during the day. This is outside of the bookstore.
Photobucket

Birthday Twins!
Photobucket

Sunspot on our faces.
Photobucket
I later went back to the bookstore to pick up "Bringing Up Girls" by Dr. Dobson. I started reading it while we were there and loved it. So I went back later and purchased it with birthday money. Thanks Mom & Dad! I have "Bringing Up Boys" that he wrote several years ago. So I had been waiting for this one to come out!

When Matt got off of work, we headed to Garden of the Gods...one of my favorite places on this earth!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture-taking fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Garden of the Gods we ran home to change before going out for dinner. And I opened a few presents. This one is from Mark & Rosie.
Photobucket

Yes! A Spurs DVD!
Photobucket
Actually, this one in there for Matt and he was thrilled. I got some delicious smelling Bath & Body lotion and body washes!

At the restaurant, dad opening his gift.
Photobucket

It's an "All About Him" scrapbook that was purchased years ago. It has been a work in progress as I have been accumulating pictures of him with all of the special people in his life.
Photobucket

Our pages...
Photobucket
Love you dad!

And more present opening for me. I got a fabulous Ipod from Dad and Mom Wittleder and a portable speaker from Matt to go with it!
Photobucket

Dad and I out front of the restaurant.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and my sweet boss sent flowers to the apartment since I was off of work that day. And a hilarious card that barked from the whole marketing team! I am very blessed to work with these people!
Photobucket

Miss you mom and dad! It won't be long until you be back again to see all THREE of us! Yikes.

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

It was nice seeing pictures again of your Mom and Dad, Sonya. You alal looked like you were having a great time.