Thursday, June 4, 2009

My New Computer

The long awaited day has finally come! I got my new computer in the mail last Friday. Since I required a little bit more motivation (to pay off debt) than my lovely bride, we determined I needed a prize to shoot for. My old computer crashed last summer, so a laptop it was. I really wanted to buy a new computer last winter after I sold mine for parts on Ebay, but we decided to wait until we were debt free. Delayed gratification never felt better.
I admit I was a little excited.

Sonya: A little excited???

Sonya doesn't entirely understand the implications of my new computer. That is why I am writing this blog post, and not her.
She did however capture some nice pictures. Like this one above with my smiling face reflecting off the HD screen.
(Okay, I admit-I put this comment in, not Matt!) :)
Yeah. Anyway, for the other computer nerds out there. These are the specs:

HP HDX16t Premium Series customizable Notebook PC (Product Demo)
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
  • Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13GHz)
  • 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
  • 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Infinity Display (1366x768)
  • Lightscribe Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
  • Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)
  • Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
  • HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
  • Full Size Backlit Keyboard
  • One 6 Cell and One 12 Cell Lithium Ion Batteries
Pictured above is the backlit keyboard (I had to be cool like Nicole). Following the theme of copying Nicole, it came with a remote that fits in the PCI expansion slot. When I received the package I was also surprised by a larger, full-feature remote. And to not be shown up by Courtney, it has the finger swipe security feature as well. I have really enjoyed getting to play around with my new toy, and discover all I can do with it. I can't wait to record football games with the TV tuner.

I was actually able to save a couple hundred (thanks mom) on this computer that I was not planning on. Needless to say, I feel very spoiled right now. It is amazing to me how much God has blessed us. So much so that I feel like we don't even deserve it.

I am also very thankful for my wife (who is amazing by the way) for her sacrifices along the way. She has been very supportive & encouraging while I was in school, as well as beginning my career. She really helped keep me focused on achieving our goal of paying off my loans.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Nice computer! I like that you posted too. So thankful for Sonya and her discipline with money and that you are on board with her. You sure didn't learn the money management from us.

So glad that you reached the goal and have now attained the prize!!

RosebudWitt said...

Congrats Matt! I admit I didn't read all the details about the new computer bc I'm not strong on the details in life, but from the pics, it sure looks nice! Congrats on your new purchase! God has certainly blessed you both. Glad you found a computer you like.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks mom...you and Matt give me much more credit than I deserve. He has been awesome. Much due to the things he HAS learned from you and dad! I love watching him enjoy his new toy. Missing you in Colorado!

RosebudWitt said...

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that too. Good job with the money management Sonya. Lots of people our age don't have the kind of discipline. God has certainly blessed you with the gift of perserveance.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thank you, Rosie. Once again, I def don't deserve all the credit. But I appreciate it. Most young people haven't been blessed with as many people in their lives to point them in the right direction in regards to finances as we have. And for those people, we are truly grateful!

Courtney said...

Matt, I like your new toy! I'm getting excited just thinking how excited you must be. Please bring it out in Sept. so I can fully inspect this new electronic item.
Court

Nicole said...

Congratulations on attaining the prize! Looks pretty swanky!

Matt said...

Thanks you all for sharing in the excitement of my new toy. I know material possessions do not bring life-long happiness, but it is pretty exciting. Courtney you better believe I will bring it!

mmncgrand said...

Nice post Matt. We too are very happy for you in meeting your goal. You do deserve it because you were obedient to God in your goal.

Thanks for your help with my P.T. I am getting better. Have fun in PA